- Data brokers from which we purchase demographic data to supplement the data we collect.
- Applications and services, such as social networks, that make users’ information available to others.
- Partners with which we offer co-branded services or engage in joint marketing activities.
- Publicly-available sources, such as open government databases or other data in the public domain.
- Provide and deliver our products or services, including securing, troubleshooting, improving, and personalizing those products or services;
- Operate our business, such as improving our internal operations, securing our systems, and detecting fraudulent or illegal activity;
- Understand you and your preferences to enhance your experience and enjoyment using our products or services;
- Provide customer support and respond to your questions;
- Send you information, including confirmations, invoices, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- Communicate with you about new products, offers, promotions, rewards, contests, upcoming events, and other about our products and those of our selected partners (see the Choice and Control section of this privacy statement for how to change your preferences for promotional communications); and
- Display advertising to you (see the Cookies section of this privacy statement for information about your advertising choices)
- Comply with applicable law or respond to valid legal process, including from law enforcement or other government agencies;
- Protect our customers, for example to prevent spam or attempts to defraud users of our products, or to help prevent the loss of life or serious injury of anyone;
- Operate and maintain the security of our products and services, including to prevent or stop an attack on our computer systems or networks; or
- Protect our rights or property, including enforcing the terms governing the use of the products and services.
- You can request access to, and rectification or erasure of, personal information;
- If any automated processing of personal information is based on your consent or a contract with you, you have a right to transfer or receive a copy of your personal information in a usable and portable format;
- If the processing of personal information is based on your consent, you can withdraw consent at any time for future processing;
- You can object to, or obtain a restriction of, the processing of personal information under certain circumstances; and
- For residents of France, you can send us specific instructions regarding the use of your data after your death.
Your privacy is important to us. This privacy statement explains our collection, use, disclosure, and protection of personal information. This privacy statement applies to Pattern Computer, Inc. and to our controlled affiliates and subsidiaries (“Pattern Computer”). References to our “products” in this statement include our websites, apps, software, services, and devices. This statement applies to our products that display or reference this statement, but it does not apply to any products that display or reference a different privacy statement.
We collect and process personal information about you with your consent and/or as necessary to perform our contractual obligations, provide our services, meet our legal obligations, protect the security of our systems, or fulfil other legitimate interests.
Information you provide directly. If you are a customer or partner, we typically collect the personal information necessary to carry out our relationship with you, such as your name and contact information, and billing and payment information where appropriate.
Information we collect automatically. When you visit our website, as further described in the Cookies and Similar Technologies section below, some information is collected automatically. For example, our web servers automatically log your computer’s operating system, Internet Protocol (IP) address, access times, browser type and language, the website you visited before our site, and your activity on our website.
Third-party sources. We also obtain information from third-party data sources. For example, we partner with a number of third-party data providers that share de-identified data for research and analytics purposes. Additionally, we may obtain data from other sources such as:
We protect data obtained from third parties according to the practices described in this statement, plus any additional restrictions imposed by the source of the data.
When you are asked to provide personal information, you may decline. But if you choose not to provide information that is necessary to enter into a contract or for certain services or features to function correctly, you will not be able to take full advantage of our offerings.
Our websites may include web beacons and cookies from third-party service providers. In some cases, that is because we have hired the third party to provide services on our behalf, such as site analytics. In other cases, it is because our web pages contain content or ads from third parties, such as videos, news content, or ads delivered by other ad networks. Because your browser connects to those third parties’ web servers to retrieve that content, those third parties are able to set or read their own cookies on your device and may collect information about your online activities across websites or online services.
The third-party analytics providers we use include: Google Analytics Solutions. Many third-party analytics providers allow you to opt-out from their collection or use. For more information, click on the links above.
We use personal information collected through our products or services for purposes described in this privacy statement or otherwise disclosed to you. For example, we use personal information to:
We use the de-identified data we receive from third-party sources to perform research, using artificial intelligence and machine learning, aimed at identifying and communicating insights into that data to third parties that have engaged or hired us for that purpose. For example, we may use de-identified data from a third party to provide insights into improving testing protocols for diagnosing certain disease types, or procedures for validating certain biological tests.
To the extent personal data is used for automated decision making or profiling, we will meet all obligations for disclosure as well as meaningful descriptions of the logic involved in rendering such automated decision making or profiling.
In carrying out these purposes, we combine data we collect from different sources to give customers and partners a more seamless and personalized experience and to enable our research and business objectives.
We share personal information with your consent or as necessary to complete your transactions or provide the products you have requested or authorized. For example, when you provide payment data to make a purchase, we will share that data with banks and other entities as necessary for payment processing, fraud prevention, credit risk reduction, or other related financial services.
In addition, we share personal information with vendors or agents working on our behalf for the purposes described in this statement. For example, companies we’ve hired to provide customer service support or assist in protecting and securing our systems and services may need access to personal information to provide those functions. In such cases, these companies must abide by our data privacy and security requirements and are not allowed to use personal information they receive from us for any other purpose. We may also disclose personal information as part of a corporate transaction such as a merger, transfer, divestiture, or sale of all or a portion of our business or assets.
Finally, we will access, transfer, disclose, and preserve personal information when we have a good faith belief that doing so is necessary to:
Access, correction, and deletion. If you wish to request access to, or correction or deletion of, personal information about you that we hold, you may send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, providing a description of the information and the action you would like us to take. To the extent permitted by applicable law, we reserve the right to [charge a fee or] decline requests that are unreasonable, excessive, or prohibited by law, could adversely affect the privacy or other rights of another person, or where we are unable to authenticate you as the person to whom the data relates.
Communications preferences. You can choose whether you wish to receive promotional communications from us by email, SMS, physical mail, and telephone. If you receive promotional email or SMS messages from us and would like to stop, you can do so by following the directions in that message. These choices do not apply to mandatory service communications that are part of certain of our products or services, or to surveys or other informational communications that may have their own unsubscribe method.
Cookie controls. Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can set your browser to delete or reject cookies. If you choose to delete or reject cookies, this could affect certain features or services of our website. See the Cookies and Similar Technologies section of this privacy statement for more details.
Advertising and analytics. Our third-party analytics and advertising partners typically provide options to opt-out of certain information collection or use. See the Cookies and Similar Technologies section of this privacy statement for more details.
Do Not Track. Some browsers have incorporated “Do Not Track” (DNT) features that can send a signal to the websites you visit indicating you do not wish to be tracked. Because there is not a common understanding of how to interpret the DNT signal, our websites do not currently respond to browser DNT signals. Instead, you can use the range of other tools to control data collection and use, including the cookie controls and advertising controls described above.
If the processing of personal information about you is subject to European Union data protection law, you have certain rights with respect to that data:
To make such requests, contact us at email@example.com.
We retain personal information for as long as necessary to provide the products and services and fulfill the transactions you have requested, or for other essential purposes such as complying with our legal obligations, resolving disputes, and enforcing our agreements. Because these needs can vary for different data types, actual retention periods can vary significantly based on criteria such as user expectations or consent, the sensitivity of the data, the availability of automated controls that enable users to delete data, and our legal or contractual obligations.
The personal information we collect may be stored and processed in your country or region, or in any other country where we or our affiliates, subsidiaries, or service providers maintain facilities. Currently, we primarily use data centers in the United States. The storage location(s) are chosen in order to operate efficiently, to improve performance, and to create redundancies in order to protect the data in the event of an outage or other problem. We take steps designed to ensure that the data we collect under this statement is processed according to the provisions of this statement and applicable law wherever the data is located.
We expect to transfer personal information from the European Economic Area and Switzerland to other countries, some of which have not been determined by the European Commission to have an adequate level of data protection. When we do so, we use a variety of legal mechanisms, including contracts, to help ensure your rights and protections. To learn more about the European Commission’s decisions on the adequacy of personal information protections, please visit: https://ec.europa.eu/info/law/law-topic/data-protection/data-transfers-outside-eu/adequacy-protection-personal-data-non-eu-countries_en.
We take reasonable and appropriate steps to help protect unauthorized access, use, disclosure, alteration, and destruction of personal information.
We will update this privacy statement when necessary to reflect changes in our products or services, how we use personal information, or the applicable law If we make material changes to the statement, we will provide notice or obtain consent regarding such changes as may be required by law.
If you have a privacy concern, complaint, or a question for Pattern Computer [or our data protection officer], please contact us by sending an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.